Welcome to my poker Blog

Hello my name is James Anding. I am an amateur low stakes poker player.
These are my experiencies as a no limit hold'em poker player and my ups and downs as the weeks go by.
I play 1/2 and 2/5 No Limit Hold'em.


Sunday, February 5, 2012

Poker Session 2/4/2012


Last Saturday ( 2-4-2012 ) was an interesting poker session.

It started out bad and got worse for the next few hours.
I was down to my last 200.00 buy in after about 6 hours of playing. None of my hands were holding up. It seemed that everyone that was on a draw was hitting their straights and flushes on the river and I couldn't stop anyone from calling.

... I left the table for a few minutes to get some coffee and regroup. When I came back I was determined to just play as good as I could and try to get at least some of my money back.

In a few minutes I flopped top two pair on a board with a flush draw possible, I decided to just go for it and push all-in and hope either they would fold, or miss the flush. Well, they called with the flush draw and missed. I doubled up.

Now with some chips I could play some tight poker and see if I could beat these guys. The next 6 hours I never looked back, I felted both the players that had been drawing out on me and one of them twice. The worm had turned and I was way ahead and looking good.

When the dust settled, I had about 2000.00 in my stack and it was 2:00am. That’s when I decided to call it a night and go home a good winner.

I escaped the trap to live and fight another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment